Mark Powell QC is a Consultant and Head of Child Care within Hugh James. He has extensive experience in advising clients in family law matters.
Mark sits as a Deputy High Court Judge in the Family Division and as a Recorder in the Crown and County Court.
He is a President of the Restricted Patient Panel of the Mental Health Review Tribunal in both England and Wales.
He is the Chancellor of the Anglican Diocese of Birmingham.
- Family law
- Child care and adoption
- Mental health
- Rugby School
- University College London, BA
- Trained: Treasures
- Qualified: 1977
- Partner at Hugh James since 1977
- 2008 - Appointed Deputy High Court Judge sitting in the Family Division
- 2006 - Appointed to the rank of Queen's Counsel in 2006
- 1995 - Appointed Recorder on the Wales and Chester Circuit
- 1989 - Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
What do you love most about your job?
The people I work with
What do you like to do outside work?
President of Ebbw Vale Rugby Football Club, French Leave and nautical activities.