Matt is a solicitor in our Corporate & Commercial team and regularly advises on M&A, joint ventures, equity and debt investments, restructuring and general corporate governance. Matt assists lead partners on a number of high-value corporate transactions.
Matt advises both private and public sector clients on all aspects of commercial law to include complex, high-value commercial agreements, state aid and procurement advice, examples include:
- Assisting on the refinancing of a wind turbine
- advising on multiple Development Bank of Wales investments
- Assisting in the sale of a music sampling company to a major US buyer
- Drafting PQQ, ITT and other procurement documents for housing authorities and assisting in all stages of the procurement process
- Assisting lead partners with Welsh Governments help to buy scheme – procurement and state aid advice
Matt joined Hugh James as a paralegal in 2015 he started his training contract in 2018 and qualified in September 2020.