Michaela joined the Hugh James Dispute Resolution team in September 2021, having recently qualified as a Solicitor. Prior to joining Hugh James, Michaela worked as a paralegal and then trained in Bristol gaining extensive experience in consumer contract claims and debt recovery matters.
Michaela chose to build on this experience upon qualification and specialises in commercial litigation claims, handling a vast range of disputes. Acting on various matters including contentious intellectual property, commercial disputes, insolvency matters and professional negligence claims against various professionals, Michaela works with a variety of different clients, from corporate clients and public bodies to individuals.
- Michaela has assisted a senior colleague on advising a council on a protracted contract dispute between several schools and an IT supplier.
- Michaela has acted for a marketing client in relation to a trademark infringement claim which she successfully settled.
- Michaela has represented a corporate client in relation to an alleged GDPR breach.
- Michaela has acted for a client in defending a claim worth £0.5 million, involving a farming partnership dispute on the assets/land held by the partnership.
- Michaela has worked as part of a team at Hugh James in defending a high value claim involving; alleged breach of contract by employees, misuse of confidential information and copyright infringement.
- Solicitor at Hugh James: 2021
- Qualified: 2021
- Trained in Bristol: 2019-2021
- Paralegal: 2016-2018
- Graduated: 2016