Natasha is an Associate in the Construction, Energy and Projects team and focuses on Construction Litigation.
Natasha has experience in advising and acting on the resolution and avoidance of a wide variety of infrastructure, energy and general construction and engineering disputes relating to issues such as changes and/or variations, compensation events and/or relevant events, delay, cost (including final account disputes) and defects.
Natasha has acted on behalf of employers, developers, contractors and subcontractors alike across a range of projects and has experience of litigation in the Technology and Construction Court, adjudication, arbitration and mediation.
- Assisting cross-office on an adjudication on behalf of an infrastructure client in a £33m claim brought by the contractor.
- Assisting and acting on a series of 4 adjudications (all within a 13 month time period) on behalf of a pharmaceutical client, resulting in a saving of £5m to the client against the sums claimed by the contractor.
- Acting on behalf of an energy client in an arbitration under the LCIA Rules, resulting in a 7 figure settlement.
- Acting on behalf of a developer client in relation to a breach of contract claim and counter claim, resulting in a 6 figure settlement.
- Acting on behalf of an employer client in a £1.6m defects claim against its contractor, settled pre-action.
Natasha has a BA in Business Management and started her career in law having completed the Graduate Diploma in Law and the Legal Practice Course at Swansea University. Natasha trained at local law firm Douglas-Jones Mercer and qualified as a solicitor in March 2018. Natasha accepted a Newly Qualified role at Acuity Law, before moving across to Eversheds Sutherland in 2019. Natasha joined Hugh James in January 2022 as an Associate.