Philip joined Hugh James in January 2022 and is a solicitor in the Banking and Finance team, based in the firm's London office. He qualified in 2021 and has gained experience acting for lenders and borrowers in cross-border aviation and asset finance matters.
Philip also has experience of advising a broad range of clients in corporate and commercial matters in private practice and in-house.
Philip has a particular interest in acquisition finance and energy and renewables finance.
Notable recent deals
- Acted for China Aircraft Leasing Company in its successful $17.6m debt claim against Air India.
- Acted for Erste Bank in connection with the transfer of its entire aircraft ABS portfolio from its London branch to its Austrian headquarters.
- Acted for AAR Corp. in connection with its high-value asset recovery claim against Flybe during its insolvency proceedings.
- Acted for AXA XL in connection with the launch of its innovative Coastal Risk Index tool at COP26.
- Solicitor at Hugh James: 2022
- Solicitor at AXA XL: 2021
- Qualified at REN Legal (now acquired by Clyde & Co): 2021
- Paralegal at Cripps Pemberton Greenish
- University of Law, Moorgate: LPC 2018
- BPP Law School, Waterloo: Graduate Diploma in Law 2016
- Royal Holloway, University of London: BA Politics and International Relations 2015