Ruth joined Hugh James in December 2018 and now heads up the Clinical Negligence team in London. She has exclusively practised in clinical negligence since qualifying in 1995 and has a wealth of experience in complex and high value clinical negligence claims. She has settled several multi million pound claims and has been successful at trials.
Before joining Hugh James, Ruth was a partner at Russell Jones & Walker (where she trained as a solicitor), Powell & Company Solicitors, and latterly, head of the London Clinical Negligence team of Blake Morgan. She has also had a huge amount of experience in recruiting, training and supervising trainee solicitors.
Ruth has and has been a member of the AvMA Specialist Clinical Negligence panel since 2000 and is also a member of APIL and SCIL.
Ruth is widely recognised as an industry leader in her field and builds fantastic rapport with her clients and other parties. She has featured in Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners for many years.
She has a particular specialism in neonatal, child and adult brain injury cases, and maternal injury.
Most recently, she is involved in a case involving brain injury acquired as a result of delay in diagnosis of meningitis, which is listed for a 5 day trial on liability in January 2020.
- Chester College of Law: Law Society Final Examination 1992
- Sheffield University: Law LL.B 1991
- Head of London Clinical Negligence Department: 2019
- Senior Associate at Hugh James: 2018
- Joined Blake Morgan as Head of London Clinical Negligence Team: 2014
- Joined Powell & Co: 2004 - Partner: 2005
- Partner at Russell Jones & Walker: 2000
- Qualified at Russell Jones & Walker: 1995
- Trained at Russell Jones & Walker: 1993
- AvMA Clinical Negligence Specialist Panel Member