Sarah is an associate solicitor in the corporate team at Hugh James. She has extensive experience in the corporate sector and has been involved in a broad range of corporate transactions since joining the firm in November 2008. Sarah has particular interest and expertise in advising family owned businesses. Expertise
- Acquisitions and disposals
- Equity and debt investments
- Joint ventures
- Management buy outs/buy-ins
- General corporate advice
- Family businesses governance structures
- Trained: Douglas-Jones Mercer
- Qualified: 2005
- Associate at Hugh James: 2008
Experience Sarah has advised:
- the Gupta family on its strategic investment in UK and Indian tidal lagoon programmes.
- Pinnacle Telecom and Pinnacle Office Equipment on their management buyouts.
- the Welsh Rugby Union, on its joint venture with Compass Group UK & Ireland to create a new hospitality company providing catering, conferencing and hospitality services at the Millennium Stadium.
- the management team of Vista Retail Support on £12.3m management buyout.
- Finance Wales on numerous transactions following Hugh James's appointment to the Welsh Government corporate finance panel.
- Community based businesses on the transfer of their services "in house" to local authorities.
- Numerous corporate and individual sellers/purchasers on sales and acquisitions of nursing homes throughout the UK.
- On the purchase of several hotels and other leisure businesses throughout the UK.
- A management team on its buyout of a steel construction company.
- Administrators on the sale of assets of companies in administration including "pre-packaged" sales.
- On a range of company reorganisations and joint ventures.
- Various businesses, in particular family businesses, on their corporate structure documents including partnership agreements, LLP agreements and shareholder agreements.
- Cowbridge Comprehensive School
- University of Exeter
- University of Wales Cardiff Law School