Vlad is an Associate in the Contested Wills, Trusts and Estates team, having joined in 2011. He spent twelve months training in the department before qualifying in September 2014. Vlad gained experience assisting with a variety of contentious probate matters including challenging and defending will disputes, Inheritance Act claims, estate administration disputes and equitable claims including proprietory estoppel.
Vlad acts for a wide variety of client including individuals, trust corporations and banks. Vlad is currently studying for the Association of Contested Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS) diploma, the leading qualification in this field.
- Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 claims;
- contentious probate and estate administration disputes;
- trust disputes;
- equitable remedies including proprietary estoppel, resulting trust and constructive trust claims; and
- will disputes.
- College of Law Manchester – Legal Practice Course (LPC) – Distinction
- Cardiff University – Law – 2:1 (Hons)
- Qualified: Hugh James - Contested Wills, Trusts and Estate team - 2014
- Trained: Hugh James - 2012 – 2014
- Student member - Association of Contested Trust and Probate Specialists
- Assisting with Davies v Davies  EWCA Civ 568, a proprietory estoppel claim over a farm, livestock and business worth in excess of £4million, in relation to successful initial High Court action and defence in the Court of Appeal.
- Welsh (fluent)
- Romanian (conversational)
- French (basic)
I spent a year volunteering at Headway Cardiff, providing practical support and interaction to service users suffering from brain injuries, assisting with their rehabilitation and day to day activities. The experience provided an unrivalled opportunity to help unlock individuals’ potential as well as a sense of achievement and pride.
What do you love most about your job?
The diverse nature of the work and the substantial client contact.
What do you like to do outside work?
Football, both playing and watching, hiking in the Welsh countryside, travelling and skiing.