Alix advises a range of clients including individuals, business owners and trustees and maintains a mixed practice. She prides herself on exceptional client service and has a proactive and solutions-based attitude.
Her experience includes drafting complex Wills often involving an international element where co-ordination with other jurisdictions is essential. Alix has advised clients in relation to double tax and estate treaties (India, South Africa, Italy) in the context of their estate planning options. Alix has also developed knowledge and expertise in dealing with US citizens living in the UK or holding UK assets, and co-ordinating estate planning efforts with advisers across the US.
During her time at RSM, Alix worked with her tax colleagues in the UK on the advice and implementation of family investment companies, as well as developing contacts across the network to assist clients in Switzerland, South Africa and the USA regarding their estate planning needs.
Alix has also acted in estate administrations involving a cross border element and often deals with applications to re-seal foreign grants. To date, Alix has experience involving the following jurisdictions – Ireland, Kenya, USA, France, Spain, Italy, Kuwait, Indonesia, Malta and Australia.
- Advising ultra-high net worth clients in relation to bespoke English Wills and co-ordinating their Jersey Wills.
- Advising a US domiciled individual regarding the estate administration of a UK spouse.
- Co-ordinating advice in relation to cross border guardianship arrangements relating Monegasque law (Monaco).
Career and Education History
- University of Sheffield BA Politics 2007
- College of Law Bloomsbury GDL and LPC 2010
- Trained at Meaby & Co (Mayfair) 2013
- Qualified as a Solicitor in 2015
- Solicitor at Blake Morgan, RSM Legal, Morr & Co
- Partner at Hugh James 2023
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)