Gemma is a partner in the Clinical Negligence team in our Southampton office. Gemma represents individuals who had suffered an injury through no fault of their own. She helps them to obtain compensation for their injury and to get closure on what has happened to them. She is able to provide the support and advice that these clients need at a difficult time in their life.
She has a number of years of experience in this type of work and is well respected by barristers, experts and clients for the excellent results she achieves.
In 2009 Gemma was involved in the Gosport War Memorial inquests. A number of findings were made against the GP, Dr Barton, who was involved in the care of a number of our clients.
Over the years Gemma has been involved in a number of large value cerebral palsy claims, the largest of which was in 2021 and settled for around £25million.
Gemma is also a trustee of Wetwheels Foundation, a charity which gets disabled individuals and their families on the water. The work of wetwheels sits well alongside the work we already do and the type of clients re already represent.
Career and Education History
- University of Southampton, LLB Law: 2002-2005
- LPC University of Bournemouth 2005-2006
- Trained at Blake Lapthorn (now Blake Morgan)
- Qualified at Blake Lapthorn 2008, stayed until 2018
- 2018 Moved to Clarke Willmott
- Made partner 2022
- Partner at Hugh James: 2023
- Accredited APIL senior associate
- Law society clinical negligence panel