Kathryn is a partner and head of the Workplace Disease and Illness department. Kathryn has been instrumental in the department’s significant growth and leads a strong team of industrial disease specialists. The large team have an emphasis upon delivering a high level of specialist advice in multiple areas such as Asbestos related claims, hearing loss for military personnel and complex group litigation.
Kathryn has over 20 years’ experience acting for clients in personal injury claims and for clients in complex and high profile group litigation work. Kathryn has a specific expertise in leading complex industrial disease group litigation and managing volume teams expertly to achieve notable results.
Kathryn’s cases are high profile and Kathryn is interviewed often by the media due to her expertise.
Kathryn is a lead solicitor appointed by the High Court in multiple group litigation claims which include the British Coal and British Steel coke oven workers litigation, representing hundreds of former employees for respiratory claims and cancer.
Kathryn was also a lead solicitor appointed by the High Court in the high profile and successful Phurnacite workers group litigation on behalf of hundreds of former workers at a Phurnacite Plant in South Wales. Kathryn was also the lead solicitor in litigation against British Telecom resulting in admissions of excessive exposure to noise to their workers through use of certain types of equipment given to their work force which was of nationwide significance.
Kathryn has successfully negotiated countless personal injury claims and recovered millions of pounds in compensation for her clients throughout England and Wales over the last 20 years for claims including vibration white finger, industrial noise induced hearing loss, lung cancer, skin cancer and respiratory illness claims which include occupational asthma.
- Work related illness compensation
- Group litigation
- Occupational cancer
- Occupational asthma
- Occupational Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease claims (COPD)
- Noise induced hearing loss
- Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome claims
- Phurnacite group litigation
- Coke oven workers group litigation
- Coventry Homefire plant workers litigation
As well working in industrial injury claims Kathryn also has extensive experience of employment accident at work claims and spent the early part of her career assisting the Royal College of Nursing in personal injury actions.
Kathryn was appointed head of the industrial disease department in 2018. She qualified in 2003 before advancing through associate (2008), senior associate (2010) and becoming partner in 2012.
Kathryn has a passion for seeking justice and helping those who through no fault of their own have suffered the most unimaginable pain and suffering.
- Jones and others v Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change and Coal Products Limited [ 2012] EWHC 2936 (QB),  3647 (QB);  EWHC 1023 (QB) and  EWHC 2484 (QB)
- Pearce and others v Secretary of State for Business  EWHC 2009 (QB);  EWHC 3775 (QB)
- Hutson and others v Tata Steel UK Limited  EWHC 3031 (QB);  EWHC 2647 (QB) ;  EWHC 107 (QB) ;  EWHC 1608 (QB)
- Dalton v British Telecommunications Plc  EWHC 616 (QB)
- Watkins and others v British Telecommunications Plc  SCCO 1102903
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)