Our client, Peter Brian, represents his brother Paul, who sadly died of mesothelioma on 25 February 2020. He was still working full time until 2019, when he had to leave work due to his deteriorating health.
It is thought that Paul may have been exposed to asbestos during his working career. Paul’s brother, Peter, has now launched an appeal to try and trace his former colleagues in the hope they can provide further information about the work he undertook.
We know however that Paul had worked Scott Meat Products in the late 1960s and early 1970s, and it is thought that asbestos lagged pipes were present within the factory area in which he worked.
Sadly, Paul died before he could leave a statement detailing where he was exposed to asbestos dust.
We are therefore asking anyone who worked at Scott Meat Products and who might be able to tell us about the working conditions there to come forward with any information they may be able to recall.
Armed with the experience and specialist knowledge that is required for this complex area, Hugh James has helped thousands of people who have been either injured or developed an illness as a result of their work. The team also has significant experience in working on industrial disease group actions, where more than one person has been affected by contamination in the workplace.