Most women will need some form of gynaecological care during their lives. Investigations and treatments for gynaecological problems are among the most common medical procedures.
Gynaecological compensation claims are wide ranging and can vary due to the array of often complex procedures. Gynaecological claims can include:
- Errors in Anaesthetic care;
- Cancer misdiagnosis;
- Errors in Colposcopy;
- Damage caused during abortion, and other abortion-related issues;
- Errors during dilation and curettage (D&C);
- Failed sterilisation operations ;
- Failure to diagnose pregnancy;
- Hospital acquired infections;
- Errors made during Hysterectomy procedures;
- Errors made during Myomectomy (uterine fibroid removal);
- Errors made during Oophrectomy (ovarian removal);
- Perforation of the uterus during procedures including the insertion of contraceptive coils;
- Problems arising from prescribed contraception;
- Salpingectomy (fallopian tube removal); and
What is gynaecology negligence?
Gynaecological claims can fall into one of two categories:
- Failure to treat or diagnose a Gynaecological complication; or
- Positive action by a doctor which causes a Gynaecological injury.
Failure to treat or diagnose – This can include a failure to diagnose a Gynaecological condition by failing to carry out appropriate tests or misreading test results after having carried out the correct tests.
Positive action leading to Gynaecological injury – This can include carrying out an incorrect procedure faced with a certain set of circumstances or having selected the correct procedure in the circumstances, carrying out the procedure in the incorrect manner.
If you have suffered a Gynaecological injury as a result of treatment you have received or as a result of a failure by a doctor to diagnose a condition then you may have a potential medical negligence claim.
Whatever your injury, the team at Hugh James has the commitment, expertise and experience to get the result you want - and to make the process of pursuing clinical or medical negligence compensation claims as easy as possible for you.
Hugh James medical negligence experience
At Hugh James we believe in providing excellent client care by keeping clients informed at each stage of the case.
Our initial assessment of your medical negligence claim is free of charge. If we advise that you have a potential claim for compensation we will act to gather the relevant employment and medical evidence to build your case.
We have access to the best specialist medical experts to enable us to obtain evidence of past and possible future needs to ensure that you are adequately compensated for the disability you suffer.
We treat every client with sensitivity and care, whilst aiming at the same time to deliver results including the highest financial settlement possible.
Hugh James has assisted many people to claim compensation due to negligence on the part of medical professionals in the fields of gynaecology.
If you or a member of your family has suffered as a result of a wrong medical diagnosis or poor treatment contact our friendly and approachable team today.
If after talking to us you decide not to take matters further you are under no obligation to do so and you will not be charged for our initial advice session.
We are dedicated to your best interests and can advise you on how to proceed.