Rajan Shori draws from nearly two decades of real estate experience to help clients advance business objectives in commercial real estate transactions, acquisitions and financings.
Real Estate Financing
Rajan is particularly experienced in real estate financing — with an emphasis on inward investment — and he represents banks, property companies, investment funds, private equity houses and private individuals.
Rajan’s approach is based on added value, not simply legal proficiency. He helps clients reach their commercial objectives through clear, concise advice grounded in a proactive, entrepreneurial approach. He works to make effective introductions that form lasting relationships built on confidence and trust.
Prior to joining Hugh James, Rajan led Real Estate Finance in London of an AM Law 100 firm and was a partner at two previous U.K. Top 100 law firms. In his previous positions, he has served as head of real estate finance, the head of the Irish desk and founder of the India business desk. He also ran the private property department at a previous firm, where he focused on high-net-worth individuals and their London real estate needs.
Rajan has a passion for football and cricket and follows Manchester United and India, respectively.
- Bar Admissions
- England & Wales
- Court Admissions
- Supreme Court of England and Wales
- College of Law, London
- LPC with distinction (1997)
- Queen Mary University of London
- LL.B. (Hons) (1996)
- Law Society
- +91 Group
- Respublica on the acquisition and funding of a large co-living scheme in London.
- Silk Property Group on the acquisition and funding of the Hilton Hotel Glasgow.
- Silk Property Group on the funding of the Virgin Hotel in Glasgow.
- A Biomedical Company on its multijurisdictional (UK and European requirements) on a Euronext Listing involving US investors and compliance with US law
- AIB on the site acquisition by the United States of America from Ballymore for the relocation of the US Embassy.
- AIB on the acquisition of 25 acres of land at Nine Elms.
- A large Irish Fund on the £80m refinancing of a building on Old Bond Street and a building on Oxford Street with Deutsche Hypo Bank.
- An investor client on the refinancing of 77-79 Farringdon Road.
- Sapinda on the acquisition and subsequent disposal of its Park Lane office.
- Sapinda on the new lease on a floor at 23 Savile Row.
- The Sale of a landmark building on Oxford Street for £150m.
- A Fund on the £100m refinancing of a prime central London building with Lloyds Bank.
- A private investor on the purchase of several buildings in Fitzrovia and Oxford Street to include strategic commercial and planning advice.
- NAMA on various large connections on significant London based land acquisitions by well-known house builders.
- JP Morgan International Bank Limited on the financing of various high value prime residential property