Thomas Powell is the Junior Paraplanner within the Independent Financial Adviser team, aiding the advisers in the production of reports and product research.
Thomas gained his interest in financial services while working at Legal & General. Although the role was in the Group Technology team, he was able to improve his knowledge of the products offered by L&G and how they meet the needs of clients.
During his time at L&G, Thomas started taking CII exams. He began with the level 3 Certificate in Financial Services, then onto working towards the level 4 Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning. Thomas only has a couple exams remaining to complete the Diploma and is looking to pass these by the end of 2023.
Career and Education History
- Cardiff Metropolitan University, BA Business Economics: 2015 – 2018
- Legal & General, Data Analyst: 2018 – 2022
- Icon, Forecasting Analyst: 2022
- Hugh James, Junior Paraplanner: 2023
- Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) / Personal Finance Society (PFS)