Personal Injury Claims
Our expert personal injury lawyers make it simple and straightforward for you to inquire about making a compensation claim. We offer free, no obligation, advice whilst investigating your circumstances and can arrange free home visits.
Our lawyers are ranked top by the Chambers and Partners UK and The Legal 500 independent legal guides in this area of law. We are highly experienced and provide a wide range of specialist services and advice.
We can offer:
- Free advice, without obligation, whilst we investigate your compensation claim;
- No win, no fee agreements (if you decide to instruct us);
- Access to financial advice, including benefits advice; and
- Access to specialist health care and rehabilitation.
What is a personal injury claim?
In legal terms, the term “Personal Injury” is used to describe when a person has suffered an injury or illness that has been caused by someone else’s negligence. In these instances you may be entitled to claim compensation against the negligent party for the injury or illness caused.
What types of personal injury can you claim for?
There aren't any fully defined rules, but generally, if you have been injured or suffered an illness, which you believe is the fault of someone else, then you may have grounds to make a personal injury compensation claim.
- Work place injuries, including industrial illness
- A road traffic accident
- Accidents in a public place
- The use of faulty goods or medical devices
- Medical negligence
- Physical or psychological damage following a criminal act
- Psychological issues caused by child abuse
- Psychological problems following discrimination or harassment in the work-place
If you are unsure as to whether your circumstances qualify, contact our specialist solicitors. We offer free, no obligation, advice whilst we investigate your compensation claim.
How much compensation can you claim?
This really depends on your circumstances and the severity of your injury or illness. This can vary between individuals, but be rest assured that our specialist team is experienced in ensuring that you and your family receive the maximum compensation you are entitled to.
Compensation will include an award for the pain and suffering caused by your illness. In addition compensation can also be claimed in respect of care needs, financial losses, medical care and treatment.
How long does personal injury claim take?
There are a number of factors that affect a personal injury claim. These make it difficult to give an exact timescale and are affected by:
- The availability to collect evidence
- Where the entity responsible admits liability
- The nature of your injury and illness
It’s important to consider all these factors as our specialist solicitors need evaluate the true impact of your injury or illness when calculating your compensation.