Personal Injury Claims
We know that dealing with a personal injury can be hard enough. As well as the obvious effects on your physical health, it can have an impact on your mental wellbeing. It can also affect your ability to work, which could have serious financial consequences.
And if someone else was at fault for your injury, it can feel so much more difficult to get your life back on track. If you do find yourself in that situation, the team at Hugh James may be able to help you claim the personal injury compensation you’re entitled to.
Our expert personal injury lawyers make it simple and straightforward for you to enquire about making a claim. We offer free, no-obligation advice whilst investigating your circumstances and we can arrange free home visits.
So, if you’re thinking about making a claim, here’s a brief summary of what our accident injury solicitors can offer:
- Free advice, without obligation, whilst we look into your compensation claim
- No win, no fee agreements (if you decide to instruct us)
- Access to financial advice, including benefits advice
- Access to specialist healthcare and rehabilitation.
What is a personal injury claim?
Legally speaking, the term “personal injury” refers to when someone has suffered an injury or illness that has been caused by somebody else’s actions or negligence. In these instances, you may be entitled to claim compensation against the other party. This process is known as a personal injury claim.
What types of personal injury can you claim for?
A personal injury can come in various different forms. There are no set rules for what classes as a personal injury, but we could help you claim compensation for any of the following:
If you’re unsure as to whether your situation qualifies, contact our specialist solicitors. We offer free, no-obligation advice whilst we investigate your personal injury compensation claim.
How much compensation can you claim?
This really depends on your circumstances and the severity of your injury or illness. No two personal injury claims are exactly the same, so it’s hard to put an exact figure on how much the final settlement could be. But rest assured that our specialist team is experienced in ensuring that you and your family receive the maximum compensation you are entitled to.
Compensation will include an award for the pain and suffering caused by your injury or illness. In addition, damages can also be claimed to cover care needs, financial losses and the cost of medical care and treatment.
How long does personal injury claim take?
There are a number of factors that may affect how long it takes to settle a personal injury claim. These include:
- The availability to collect evidence
- Where the entity responsible admits liability
- The nature of your injury and illness
It’s important to consider all these factors as our specialist solicitors need evaluate the true impact of your injury or illness when calculating your compensation.
Why choose Hugh James’ personal injury solicitors?
You can read all about our firm here, and below are just some of the reasons to trust us with your personal injury claim:
- Our solicitors are and The Legal 500 independent guides in this area of law.
- We are a Top 100 UK law firm, with ambitions to reach the Top 50.
- We’re fully regulated by the Solicitors’ Regulation Authority.
- Our culture is based on the key values of hard work, exceptional talent, ambition, empathy, innovation and good humour.
- We have a strong sense of social responsibility, which extends to reducing our carbon footprint through specially designed offices and working with charities both locally and nationally.
- Founded in 1960, we have more than 60 years’ experience and can provide a wide range of specialist services and support.
- You can see from our hundreds of positive Trustpilot reviews that our clients highly recommend us.